Entertainment Health Insurance Solutions
Entertainment Health Insurance Solutions (EHIS) is here to help keep you healthy. With the 2019/2020 Open Enrollment upon us, it’s important to stay informed. Please review the following information and feel free to contact us with any questions.
Open Enrollment in California is from October 15, 2019 to January 15, 2020. This period of time allows for people in the performing arts and entertainment industry to enroll in or renew their health insurance. If you are currently enrolled in Covered CA, your coverage is up for renewal and you should review any and all changes before renewing your coverage. If you haven’t signed up for insurance, now is the time to do it! You can enroll in coverage, make changes in your level of coverage or insurer, and make changes to your estimated income.
Please note that the above dates are for California residents only. For residents of most other states, the Open Enrollment period is from November 1–December 15, 2019.
Below are important changes for CA residents:
1. Financial help is available to more Californians than ever in 2020. People who already get financial help could get even more from the state of California, on top of what they will continue to get from the federal government.
In 2020, new state subsidies may benefit Californians with annual incomes in the following ranges:
2. Changes to Oscar. Oscar will now have 2 networks: Select and Circle. The Circle network is their full network. It will no longer be available through Covered CA, but is still available directly from Oscar. The Select network will be available both through Covered CA and directly from Oscar. It will no longer include the UCLA network of medical centers. If you have Oscar, it is extremely important that you call us in order to discuss your options.
3. In 2020, California tax-filers must have health insurance or pay a penalty. The penalty is equal to 2.5% of household income, or a minimum of $695 per adult, whichever is greater. There are some exemptions. For more information, visit the State of California Franchise Tax Board's website.
Workshops on finding affordable coverage:
In addition, we offer free educational workshops with comprehensive information on the latest insurance options as well as online resources, education and literacy tools. Download the flyer.
EVERY ARTIST INSURED (LA)
Tuesdays, 10:30am–11:30am (Beginning 11/1/2019–1/15/2020)
The Actors Fund
5757 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90036
EVERY ARTIST INSURED (Burbank)
Wednesdays, 5:30–6:30 pm (Beginning 11/1/2019–1/15/2020)
I.A.T.S.E. Local 80
2520 W. Olive Avenue
Burbank, CA 91505
This seminar will help you understand the Affordable Care Act and give you clear, step-by-step guidance on what your Covered California options are and how to get the most affordable coverage. We will provide important information relevant to freelancers and the self-employed. Find out if you're eligible for free insurance (Medi-Cal) or subsidies. This is an excellent opportunity for unbiased information.
Please RSVP via Eventbrite. Space is limited.
This free workshop provides you with clear, unbiased guidance on all your coverage options, explains the changing rules, and answers your questions! Open to anyone in visual and performing arts and entertainment.
Questions answered include:
- What’s different from last year?
- How have the laws and rules changed?
- What are my insurance options now?
- What are the plans like this year?
- Am I eligible for free insurance?
- How do I estimate my sporadic income for the application?
- How do I pick a plan that’s right for me?
Entertainment Health Insurance Solutions (EHIS) offers personalized counseling, guidance and enrollment assistance from unbiased, experienced, licensed insurance agents. Consultations are by phone or in person. Services are always free.
We help you and your family:
- Enroll in health insurance.
- Find out if you are eligible for free insurance or financial help to pay for private health insurance.
- Learn about your options so you can enroll in the best plan to fit your needs.
FOR ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CONTACT:
Toll free 1.833.777.EHIS (3447)